The Highway Department provides:
- Maintenance and construction of approximately 1,000 miles of county roads.
- Maintenance of 118 bridges.
- The following services and more:
- culvert repair and replacement
- sign installation and replacement
- gravel hauling and placing
- drainage needs
- tree trimming and removal
- right of way maintenance
- snow removal
- sanding icy roads
- mowing road ditches
- equipment repair
511 Traveler Information by Phone
By dialing "511" from any phone, you can receive up-to-date location-specific road restriction, construction, condition, and weather information on any Interstate, US, or state highway in South Dakota and several adjoining states. You can also call 866-MYSD511 (866.697.3511).
- SD Department of Transportation - Safe Travel USA (SD Road Conditions)