Attached to this post is an update from the project engineer on the progress of the Elk Vale Road Project. Overall work is estimated at approximately 32% complete.
Elk Vale Road is under construction and closed to traffic. The completion date for the project is set for September 21, 2018. The Contractor has moved his grading operations from the north 2 miles of the project into the 3rd mile and further south to continue construction progress.
Due to wet conditions: Apple Road is closed on the Meade/Butte County line. Brussel Road, Elm Springs Road, Chalk Butte Road and Upper White Owl Road are all experiencing water running over the road surface.
Employment Opportunity: Job # 18-08
Posting Type: Open Announcement
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Starting Wage: $13.95 per hour / Full Benefit Package
Full-TIme Position: 40 Hours per week / MON-FRI / 1:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Application Procedures: Please submit a Meade County application (https://www.meadecounty.org/employment-application to: Human Resources / 1300 Sherman Street STE 212 / Sturgis, SD 57785
General Statement of Duties
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Director, is responsible for a variety of indoor and outdoor duties related to custodial services, groundskeeping and general maintenance in and around all County owned buildings and related infrastructure.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
1. Is responsible for groundskeeping and custodial services.
2. Requisition tools, equipment, and supplies.
3. Remove snow during inclement weather.
4. Perform duties in a manner consistent with safe practices and policies.
5. Wear personal protective equipment when required.
6. May be called upon to work during off-duty hours including nights, holidays and weekends.
7. Perform other such duties and functions as assigned by supervisor.
Experience and Education:
1. High School Diploma or G.E.D.
2. Physical strength and stamina sufficient to perform maintenance, janitorial duties, and work extended hours if necessary.
3. Ability to demonstrate good communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
2. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
3. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
4. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, the ability to adjust focus, and color recognition.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
2. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and risk of electrical shock.
3. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Examination, Testing, and Certification
The Examination, Testing and Certification described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Valid South Dakota Drivers License.
2. Ability to be insured on the county insurance policy.
3. Successful competition in written and/or oral interviews.
4. Other such examination as deemed appropriate and necessary by the County.
The Board of Meade County Commissioners announces FY2019 community funding opportunities for non-county organizations. The Commission funded $201,020 to non-county agencies in FY2018.
Completed applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 22, 2018.
Questions can be directed to Jerry Derr, Commission Assistant at: 605.720.1625 / firstname.lastname@example.org.