HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
Jerry Derr, Commission Assistant/HR Director
1300 Sherman Street, Suite 212, Sturgis, SD 57785
605.720.1625 | Fax: 605.720.1633 | email@example.com
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon. - Fri.
Jordan Neeb, Administrative Assistant
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
The Human Resources Office provides:
- Direct support to the County Commission
- Personnel support services to employees
- Support services to departments and offices
- Resource to community on career opportunities
The office supports the County Commission with employee classification and establishing staffing levels, pay scale, and allocation of positions with recommendations to the Board.
Positions include a generous benefits program with:
- SD Retirement System
- Health / Dental and Life Insurance
- Flex Spending Account(s)
- Vacation / Sick / Holiday Leave
Employment Opportunity: Job # 17-2 / Control Room Operator (PART-TIME)
Posting Type: Open Announcement (FEB 24, 2017)
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Starting Wage: $14.50 per Hour/
Application Procedures: Please submit Application / Resume to:
- Human Resources/ 1300 Sherman Street Suite ▫ 212 ▫ Sturgis, SD 57785
CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR
(24 hours per week)
General Statement of Duties
Under the direct supervision of the Jail Administrator, is responsible for operating the control console to monitor and control various functions of Meade County’s sheriff and correctional operations and to provide guidance and direction to personnel.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
Control Room Operator
- Observe monitor screens that transmit in sequence views of the sheriff and correctional operations.
- Operate control board to stop and maintain surveillance of location where incident is developing.
- Telephone appropriate personnel or other designated agency to notify authorities of disruptive activity.
- Watch Correctional Officers to ensure safety and maintain peace while they are working with inmates.
- Open secured doors to authorized personnel and public to enter and/or exit correctional facilities.
- Adjust monitor controls when required to improve reception, and notify repair service of equipment malfunctions.
- Log and enter daily events into computer.
- Serve as a backup office receptionist answering the telephone, and radio traffic and greeting individuals. Answer questions and direct individuals to the appropriate personnel.
- Prepare reports.
- Attend training, seminars and workshops as deemed necessary.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as deemed necessary.
- Perform duties in a manner consistent with safe practices and policies.
- Perform other such duties and functions as deemed necessary.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certification.
- Minimum one (1) year secretarial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment to include typewriter, copy machine, fax machine, computer, etc.
- Knowledge with law enforcement a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with the general public and other employees.
- Ability to demonstrate good organizational skills.
Please complete a Meade County Employment Application
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Meade County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, political beliefs, or disability. Meade County buildings are accessible to disabled persons.
Please submit a Meade County employment application and resume to the Director of Human Resources. The Meade County employment application can be found on the "Forms & Documents" button located above. You may choose to submit an online employment application also found by clicking the button above.