CLERICAL SUPPORT (TEMPORARY)
Employment Opportunity: Job # 17-07 Clerical Support (Treasurer's Office)
Posting Type: Open Announcement
Closing Date: Until Filled
Starting Wage: $12.75 - $ 12.75
Application Procedures: Please submit a Meade County application to: ★Human Resources/ 1300 Sherman Street Suite ▫ 212 ▫ Sturgis, SD 57785
General Statement of Duties
Under the direct supervision of the Treasurer, is responsible for assisting with the Department’s major functions.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with performing routine clerical duties, to include sorting, filing, data entry, proofreading, directing phone calls, mail contact, and customer service.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents shall follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required.
The minimum qualifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Education:
- Ability to demonstrate good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with the general public and other employees.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.