Weed and Pest Board Minutes for 01-20-2017
Members Present: Jim Schroeder, Robert Heidgerken, Kenny Lee, Allen Olson, Dave Fischbach
Members Absent: none
Others Present: Supervisor Nathan Jagim
Meeting called to order at 3:00pm by Chairman Lee.
Minutes of October 18, 2016 meeting approved as presented.
- WEED BOARD APPOINTMENTS – Board appointments for 2017 will be the same as current members upon reappointment of Kenny Lee by the Meade Co. Board of Commissioners.
- ELECTION OF OFFICERS –
Chairman - Kenny Lee
Vice Chairman – Allen Olson
Secretary – Dave Fischbach
Motion by Schroeder, 2nd by Heidgerken to cast unanimous ballot. Motion carries.
- WEED & PEST MEETING BOARD MEETINGS – Meeting dates for 2017 were set as follows: Tuesday April 18th, Tuesday July 18th, and Tuesday October 17th.
- PRAIRIE DOG – Jagim reported on ongoing prairie dog poisoning. Much discussion on PDs and landowners. Jagim will begin the documentation process and prepare enforcement letters if necessary to send such letters.
- KPI’s – Jagim reviewed KPI’s with the Board and answered questions regarding the budget.
- CONSERVATION LEADERS – Cons. Leaders meeting will be in Custer on Friday January 27th. Mountain Pine Beetle and invasive species will be part of the discussion. Jagim will attend.
- ANNUAL CONFERENCE – Annual Conference will be held in Huron on February 22-24. Jagim and Zuercher will attend since two county representatives are required to attend to be eligible for State grants.
- ROW TREE REMOVAL – Jagim and Zuercher will be assisting the Hwy. Dept. with tree and shrub removal along the county roads. They will be starting on Vanocker Road.
- BLM RAC – Jagim received a letter informing him that he has been appointed to the BLM Resource Advisory Committee. He will serve a three year term.
- USFS AGREEMENT – Jagim signed the Annual Agreement with the BHNF to treat invasive species for approximately $25,000.
Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, April, 18th 2017.
Meeting adjourned @ 4:10 PM.